I became an eResident in Estonia to join the Baltic digital pioneers, and thousands of digital nomads from all around the world. Considering the eResident movement as a milestone in our journey to decentralized organizations, often considered as the superior organization model.
As an eResident, I can start a location-independent EU company remotely, run it online from anywhere, as well as access all the tools needed to easily conduct business globally. It includes a legal address for our Estonian company and accounting services.
Together with our German Mobile Expert Network, we now can start and scale new organizations faster. Our market analysis and business development are the perfect compliments when going to market in the European Union with a connected service.
The Republic of Estonia is the first country to offer e-Residency — a transnational digital identity available to anyone in the world interested in administering a location-independent business online. e-Residency additionally enables secure and convenient digital services that facilitate credibility and trust online
The former Soviet republics Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania have turned themselves into some of the most tech-savvy, digitally focused governments in Europe. They address the market opportunity of the European digital single market.
Today, Estonia is regarded as one of the world’s most advanced digital nation. Anybody who wishes to start a business in Estonia can become an eResident and get a so-called e-residency to access all electronic services offered by the government. E-residency provides the possibility to establish a company online, manage it remotely and achieve location independence. The E-Residency program saves time you would otherwise have spent on bureaucracy, tax authorities, and incorporation. Although there are obvious benefits to incorporating your cryptocurrency business in Estonia, it is important to consider the legal and compliance obligations. Incorporating your business is a major decision which should be well planned and for which advice should be sought from professionals.
What does eResident mean?
The Republic of Estonia is the first country to offer e-Residency — a transnational digital identity available to anyone in the world interested in administering a location-independent business online. e-Residency additionally enables secure and convenient digital services that facilitate credibility and trust online.
What can eResidents do?
- Digitally sign documents and contracts
- Verify the authenticity of signed documents
- Encrypt and transmit documents securely
- Establish an Estonian company online. A physical address in Estonia is required to establish an Estonian company but may be obtained via an external service provider.
- Administer the company from anywhere in the world.
- Conduct e-banking and remote money transfers. Establishing an Estonian bank account currently requires one in-person meeting at the bank. E-residents are not guaranteed bank accounts and may establish them at the sole discretion of our banking partners.
- Access online payment service providers
- Declare Estonian taxes online. e-Residency does not automatically establish tax residency.
Registering a company is simple as 1, 2, 3
- Contact a service provider to get a legal address in Estonia.
- Register a company online at the Company Registration Portal
- Company e-administration from anywhere around the world
- No need to hire a local director
- Digitally sign documents
- Declaring taxes online
Signing documents digitally:
- Use DigiDoc software for digital signature
- Use the ID-card reader with my computer
- E-mail digitally signed documents to partners to sign it also