Questions and Answers
The top use cases for Competitive Intelligence are improving marketing performance, enabling sales, and informing product strategy.
Trigger moments for hiring C84 are:
- / You enter a new market
- / You look to partner with a company in a certain space
- / You buy a company
- / You build a product or serve a new market
- / You respond to insurgent business model
- + C84 analyses paid research and investment forums and talks in person to experts
- – espionage listens to users and sometimes even steals user data. Many platforms sell your data to others directly or indirectly.
- Understanding customers, competitors, distributors, technologies in use is key to increase one’s ability to compete with existing and potential new competitors.
- Competitive monitoring helps you save a fortune by doing things right from the beginning and avoid correcting a poor setup later.
- While many companies think this job can be done later or given to a junior assistant, they find out, that competitors come from different industries and time to respond is getting even shorter.
- The cost of failure highly depends upon the nature of the new business. The cost can vary from a few hundred thousand dollars to a hundred million.
- Click to Find #FamousFails from Top Visionaries
Without the necessary preparation, your business might direct in the wrong direction. The implications are accelerating each other in a negative loop, called the Vicious Circle Missing vision
- => unclear objectives No strategic analysis
- => no standard business processes
- => limited attention to local competition & market dynamic
- => conflict of interest & organizational inaction
- => missing C-level commitment
- => poor project management
- => poor feedback loops and follow-ups
- => poor change management
- => poor communication guidelines
- => poor buy-in from team and Burn-Out project team
Compare “working with a go-to-market consultant” versus “building a team” or “buying an organization.
Typical key criteria are time to market, exposure, and risk of failure while building the operation
go to market
- Without a written brief the work can be creatively brilliant and extremely effective in working against the wrong objectives. Even if the aim has been verbally expressed, agreement in writing is essential to have shared clarity of purpose.
Read more: https://c84.io/briefing
- / International businesses are bound by the regulations of the target markets in which they are operating.
- / International businesses often think, that by not establishing an entity overseas, they will consequently not be bound by the laws and regulations of the target markets in which they are operating. This is almost always wrong, especially if you are selling to consumers.
- / Individuals are generally protected by the laws of their own country whether it is under consumer laws, employee regulations, or data protection rules.
- / International businesses need to localize legal terms.
- / International businesses need to localize legal terms as well as translate them into the local language. The failure to do so will allow complaints to be filed and considered under terms which you have not dictated, and even worse, under terms which have not limited your liability.
Market Entry Barriers stand between you and your product´s success. Which boils down to 2 questions:
- 1. Will any organization buy your product? and
2. Will people use your product?
- A foreign manager will encounter:
- / Language and cultural barriers
- / Different tax codes, business regulations, and standards
- / A significant level of local competition.
- Being the first mover can produce situational advantages, but showing up late gives you the benefit of added perspective
- Check for search traffic. Through keyword research, we know what people are searching for and use the findings to gauge demand for a product or service idea. Confirming that people are searching for a product or service like yours is a good sign, and through Google AdWords campaigns or SEO, you can work to get in front of these very people if you decide to launch the idea.
- Test the marketing promise. Customers don’t truly know what it’s like to own a product until after they’ve purchased it. This is a crucial insight for anyone looking to test a new product or service because it suggests that you don’t need a finished product to validate demand for an idea.
- Create the marketing copy for your hypothetical offering and test it through surveys or interviews with targeted prospects.
The Marketing Sales Toolkit is a set of ready-to-use templates and best practices, how to organize your internationalization process. – Components of the marketing sales toolkit
- Lead Acquisition
- Lead Generation, market positioning, message stack.
- Campaign plan, content framework, activity calendar, reports.
- Contact to contact workflow, lead scoring framework, lead nurturing programs.
- Inside sales.
- Inbound lead prioritization
- Outbound prospecting.
- Email templates Qualification Framework Call Scripts & Objection Handling
- Field sales
- Value Framework Value Proposition Template
- Account Plan, Competitive Traps
- Proposal Template
- ROI Model
- Final Contracts
- Deployment Plans.
- Customer success
- Opportunity Plan,
- Project Implementation
- Plan Review Checklist, Training Materials, Status Reports Proof Point Template, Executive Scorecard…
- Proposal Template
- / Carrying out market and competitor analysis and segmentation
- / Developing local product positioning and adapting the marketing mix.
- / Analyzing sales channels and finding partners. Establishing appropriate communication.
- / Establishing digital media presence and social media strategy.
- / Establishing local operations and expanding the team
- / Establishing local sales processes and documents
- Does one bring a conceptual framework?
- Does one understand potential pitfalls?
- Does one easily compromise on quality?
- Does one bring target market insights?
- Does one bring a corporate infrastructure?
- Does one declare potential hidden interest?
- Does one align his business model?
- / Target Market Sizing is a precondition
- / Fair process & tools for decentralized organizations / Video conferencing with Zoom is the cornerstone
- / Airtable shows progress, updates, and resources related to a project. / Google Suite Meetings are pre-planned, No decisions are made last minute.
- / Parties remain independent but contribute to agreed objectives.
- / KPI Monitoring in real-time
- / We set up proper monitoring / We agree to report best-available metrics
- / We use them as unbiased success barometer
- / We conduct post-mortem after any activity
- / We compile a written analysis of the metrics.
- The Competitor Report shows Companies and Products, that are competing for the same budget. This simple Competitor Report lists Companies and Products, that are competing for the same budget. It´s one of the delivery formats, you will enjoy when planning to go to market in a new area or product area with us. No excel sheets or silos
- Stakeholders need to be instantly on the same page, when it comes to project status and how to move forward. Tools like airtable will allow the team to jumpstart, even when not all stakeholders are using the same cloud system
- / We provide you with the tools and templates.
- / We do the crawling to get things up to speed.
- / We take care of the content updates.
- / We foster efficient team alignment.
- / The user interface allows grouping and searching for the company name, product name, feature or target audience. It´s a beautiful way to align stakeholders from different areas and technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- We are working in line with the standards of the German Allianz für Cybersicherheit, which means that we are using the power of available technology for good, often called white-hat initiatives.
- // allianz-fuer-cybersicherheit.de/
- The happy path is the best possible, most convenient journey that one lead should take to end exactly at the point you want him to end in the journey of experiencing your service.
- To make the process of mapping customer journeys for B2B marketing services less painful and frustrating we use the UX template platform, that has been tailored in such a way that you can start mapping right away.
- Well defined and communicated objectives ensure the mutual value exchange between partners are:
- / Drive Product Value. A relationship that enhances an end product to provide value to existing users/customers and/or attracts new ones
- / Drive Reach. A relationship that attracts new customers/users by leveraging another audience of the customer base.
- / Drive Brand Value. A relationship that enhances the brand- positive brand association
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. Directive (EU) 2016/680 on the protection of natural persons regarding the processing of personal data connected with criminal offenses or the execution of criminal penalties, and on the free movement of such data.
The directive protects citizens’ fundamental right to data protection whenever personal data is used by criminal law enforcement authorities. It will, in particular, ensure that the personal data of victims, witnesses, and suspects of the crime are duly protected and will facilitate cross-border cooperation in the fight against crime and terrorism.
What is Personal Data?
“Personal data” means data of an identifiable natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, or an online identifier
The broad scope of personal data, therefore, also includes IP addresses, device IDs, and advertising IDs
Representatives from each supervisory Authority, the Board ensures the application of the regulation, but also advises other entities on how to protect users and impose sanctions. It cooperates with the European Commission, but is independent and has its own power
Option to have your data transferred to another controller, in which case the data controller must hand your data in a readable format to your new entity, public authority, company or person who decides why, how and what data needs to be collected and processed.
Information collected from you that can be used to identify you like a credit card number, a telephone number, physical information or simply a name etc.
Personal data breach
A leak of data, a hack, or any other event where the security of your personal data has been compromised and which leads to the misuse, destruction, or illegal use of your data.
Privacy impact assessment
Process of evaluation of the risks and the level of protection of your personal data
The collection and handling of personal data.
The action of modifying or completing your data when it is not correct or complete
Restriction of processing
The request on your part, as a data subject, for a limitation to the access and handling of your data to the controller.
Right to Access
Part of the expanded rights of data subjects outlined by the General Data Protection Regulation is the right for data subjects to obtain from the data controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, the controller shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format. This change is a dramatic shift to data transparency and empowerment of data subjects.
Right to be Forgotten
Also known as Data Erasure, the right to be forgotten entitles the data subject to have the data controller erase his/her personal data, cease further dissemination of the data, and potentially have third parties halt processing of the data. The conditions for erasure, as outlined in article 17, include the data no longer being relevant to original purposes for processing, or a data subjects withdrawing consent. It should also be noted that this right requires controllers to compare the subjects’ rights to “the public interest in the availability of the data” when considering such requests.
Privacy by Design
Privacy by design as a concept has existed for years now, but it is only just becoming part of a legal requirement with the General Data Protection Regulation. At it’s core, privacy by design calls for the inclusion of data protection from the onset of the designing of systems, rather than an addition
An entity which monitors the application of the regulation in the State. The government has to provide the means for its functioning but has no influence over it. There must be at least one supervisory authority for each member State. One representative of each supervisory authority takes part in the European Board, to which it responds.
The area where the regulation applies.
Any entity, person, company or country who is involved in the handling of the data outside the data subject, the controller, the processor or an EU entity.
- We only email customers who’ve bought one of our products or who have directly asked us for a specific action.
- We use a set of automated workflows & “canned responses” that shall give you immediate help at any time and day across our websites. Autoresponders allow us to handle customer and partner conversations across time zones, which is a kind of vital for our business.
- Data Protection Officer We are not sharing user profiles with any third party for any other reasons than workflow optimization. Contact me, Axel Hoehnke as your Data Protection Officer with any question and I will immediately take personal responsibility for the process. You have multiple options to reach out to me on this website. What Is the GDPR?