Why does segmentation matter?
You need to discover user groups and their individual reasons for buying (or not buying) to structure the target market volume and find out how to turn potential customers into shoppers.
You don´t want to waste time and resources following up a broken funnel or talking to the wrong leads.
Market segmentation – objective
- The Objective is to define and structure a target market.
- Segmenting business markets allows following market-entry concepts, such as blue-ocean-strategy versus red-ocean-strategy.
- The Secret-Sauce of Segmentation is competitive monitoring, which provides superior insights about buy-side, sell side, competition, key individuals and organizations that define the target eco-system.
Market segmentation – how to get started?
- Analyze key brands, teams, and actors.
- Follow their activities and look for soft indicators
- Analyze the buy side and the demand side per segment
- Choose your local market entry point and beachhead.