Methodology: Reverse Engineering
Reverse Engineering applies Competitive Monitoring and Search Listening to find business opportunities and reverse engineer innovation.
- What problems do people have?
- How many people share that problem?
- Who’s succeeding? Why?
- Where do successful companies miss the mark?
- Which models work best? Why?
- What problems are not solved?
Methodology: North Star Metric and Driver Tree.
A North Star metric is a key health metric. A driver tree is a way to visually layout key inputs that drive impacts toward the North Star metric. The methodology provides you with a full view of all potential areas of impact to drive changes to the metric. The methodology is a good starting point to building a quantitative model that connects the inputs to the metric, enabling a data-driven approach to prioritize initiatives.